Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Amanda Torres-Palacio



What year did you graduate from SRU and what was your major? 
I graduated in 2013. My major was Special Education

What jobs have you landed? 
While studying at SRU, I was a preschool teacher at a catholic school in Indiana, PA. Currently, I am a kindergarten teacher at Aldine Independent School District in Houston, TX.

How did you prepare for the interview for the job you landed? 

I researched the school and studied commonly asked interview questions. I also tried to find out some information about the principal.

What have you done well at that job? 

I think I have done well helping all the kids to become the best that they can be and learn to maximize their potential.

What types of recognition, awards, honors or even activities have you been involved in? 

None that I can think of.

What SRU experience or faculty influenced you and in what way? 

The professor I remember the most was my advisor, Dr. Isherwood. I could always go to him for help and advice at any moment. I could count on him to be honest. That is the kind of teacher I want to be.

What else can you tell us about your success story that SRU students could learn from?

Taking classes online was great! I learned so much, and was able to work on it in my time and at my own pace. I would recommend the program to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment