Thursday, June 23, 2016

Natalie Burick

After graduating from Slippery Rock from my undergraduate program I immediately started my graduate program, here at SRU in k-12 school counseling. I loved both of the programs I completed here at the ROCK and would recommend them to anyone. I am a proud alumnus.

Currently I am back at the ROCK working as an Assistant Director in Housing and Residence Life. I am also currently the Interim Director of faculty-led programs out of the Office of Global Engagement. I have been truly lucky to have such a great career so far. The most rewarding part of my job is working with students and creating relationships with them. I love when I can help them and make a meaningful impact on their SRU career. When I receive phone calls and emails from parents and students thanking me for assisting their child, that makes this all worth it for me.

In my undergraduate program I received a scholarship award from the Special Education Department. I am also currently a Doctorate student at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, majoring in administration and leadership studies and I recently received an award and scholarship for academic excellence. I am happy to be continuing my education within the state system. I am midway completed with the program and look forward to future possibilities with an advanced degree.


Slippery Rock helped me build a network of professionals, within the education and counseling field, so I could easily continue my career path. You start working in the field very early which helps you create a good network for future references and even job possibilities. I also created a great network with the faculty and staff here at SRU which also greatly helped me find a career relatively quickly after graduation.


My best advice for future graduates is to always put your best foot forward, work hard, and get involved as much as possible. Create strong ties to the institution so you can call on your former faculty for references. I love the ROCK and everything they stand for, without my strong ties and connections I would never be back here working at an institution I love so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment