Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Kathy Hart



I am a proud 1979 graduate of Slippery Rock State College. I have a Bachelor of Science in Education/Elementary Education/Special Education. It is funny that these questions come now as I approach retirement.

I have been a Special Education teacher in the East Windsor Regional School District for the past 35 years. It is something I can hardly believe. The most rewarding part of my job is the love I have for my students. Years later when I see them they remember me with fondness. Sometimes I remember them also and hopefully with the same fondness. 

I have loved each and everyday here and am saddened to leave. I believe that I was taught at one of the best Special Education programs in the nation. In my years here I have mentored many Special Educators.


I have been nominated for teacher of the year numerous times but have never won the title. I spent three summers studying at the James Madison Seminar held at Princeton University. It was a great honor!!!


I was recently named All-Pro Educator of the week by the New Jersey Education Association. I attended a tailgate and an Eagles home game. (Don't worry I am still a Steeler fan!!!)


While at Hightstown I have coached both track and cheerleading and am an advisor to The Red Cross Club. This is a service organization with 300+ members. My duties include dress down days for charities, March of Dimes and NJ Special Olympics!


I would tell recent graduates that to teach you must be passionate each and everyday and of course lead by example.

No comments:

Post a Comment