Friday, September 20, 2024

Lauren Shoup

 



1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held? Please include the current school district and grade/s.

I earned my undergraduate degree in early childhood education from Carlow. I’m a special education teacher at Donaldson Elementary in the West Allegheny School District. Prior to this, I taught high school learning support at Fort Cherry High School.

 

2. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.

Graduation day was an unforgettable experience at the Rock for me. I had just given birth to my first son, and he was there to witness his mom earning her Masters.

 

3. What initially piqued your interest in pursuing a degree in education?

In high school, I spent my free periods volunteering in the Life Skills classroom. I knew I wanted to make special education my career.

 

4. What do you love most about teaching?

I love the relationships I've built with the families I work with and our community. Through my role, I've taken on extra duties that have really allowed me to make our neighborhood a better place.

 

5. What makes a great teacher?

A great teacher cares about the development of a whole child, and can recognize the importance of meeting student needs that aren't always educational.


No comments:

Post a Comment