Monday, September 21, 2020

Abby Ifft

 


1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held?

I graduated from SRU in May of 2019 with a degree in Early Childhood and Special Education. I got an emergency certification to teach 11th and 12th grade US History at New Academy Charter School last year and I currently teach 8th - 12th grade SPED at the same school. 


2. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.

My favorite experience at SRU was my student teaching placement in Kindergarten because I had the opportunity to work with a great team and cooperating teacher! 


3. Name an SRU faculty that had a positive influence on you and explain why.

Dr. DeCarlo has not only been a great professor but friend throughout college. She is someone that I still turn to for help in the classroom.


4. What do you love most about teaching?

I love teaching because I have the opportunity to work with students from very diverse backgrounds. NACS has students from all around Pittsburgh that challenge me everyday and I am so thankful to have a positive impact on their lives. 


5. What makes a great teacher?

A great teacher is made through experiencing challenging situations and students, hard work, and dedication to education.


No comments:

Post a Comment