Thursday, April 6, 2017

Jessica Hynek



Where are you teaching? What subjects and grades?
I am teaching at Hillview Intermediate Center in Grove City, PA. I teach third grade, all subjects, and am absolutely loving it!
What advice would you give to current students who are enrolled in the teacher preparation program?
My advice would be to "give it your all". Hard work does pay off and all your dedication and extra effort will go noticed. I completed my student teaching in the Grove City School District, and have that experience to thank for my current job position. It is important to impress during those weeks, because your name will be remembered and your administrators will reach out to you when you leave such a positive impression. So, don't let the exhaustion deter you, and keep doing what you do best: educating! 
What is one positive experience that you have had with a student?
Nothing warms my heart more than changing students' outlook on school. My most positive experience, so far this year, occurred through a parent e-mail. These parents let me know that after some previously rough school years, their child is finally loving school because of my class. Words cannot express how much that message made my day, and even my year. You never truly realize how much you are affecting the students in your class. Knowing what I now know, I try my best to continue to show not only this student, but my other students that learning can be fun and school can be exciting. 
What makes a great teacher?
There are a lot of things that make a great teacher, but I think one of those is just loving your job and having enthusiasm for your work. Students feed off of the energy that you present in the classroom; when you are enthusiastic about a lesson, students will also be enthusiastic and ready to learn. It's hard to not let bad days get to you; however, remember who you are in the classroom. Show the students that learning can be engaging and invigorating. Smile with them, laugh with them, but most importantly, learn with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment