Monday, November 23, 2015

Jessica Kralik


What year did you graduate from SRU and what was your major?
May, 2012----Special Ed. (N-12)/El. Ed. (K-6)

What jobs have you landed?
First job was in 2013-2015 in Las Vegas, NV---Clark County School District- 2nd grade teacher (2 years in that position)
This school year (2015-2016) I switched to Special Education, a self-contained classroom (primary SEC) which is children labeled with emotional disturbance. ( All positions at Edwards Elementary School)

How did you prepare for the interview for the job you landed?

I used different interview questions that I had previously been asked throughout different interviews, questions that SRU had prepared us for, and friends that already had jobs within this school district.

What have you done well at that job?

I believe that I have done well with making a difference in these student’s lives as well as help them grow academically no matter how difficult the challenge was!

What types of recognition, awards, honors or even activities have you been involved in?

Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, Best Buddies, Dean’s List---I am not even sure! It seems like this was forever ago! LOL

What SRU experience or faculty influenced you and in what way?

Dr. Sherry DuPont and Dr. Vogel because no matter how difficult or the amount of work we were given, they always believed in me and encouraged me to continue on with this career choice. They were both great influences and mentors!

What else can you tell us about your success story that SRU students could learn from? 

You may hear that it is difficult to obtain a job and it can be, but think positively and be open minded because it is possible! I never thought I would ever move to Las Vegas, but it’s been an amazing experience so far because these kids are what make the job worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment