Thursday, November 19, 2015

Adrienne Grapes


I graduated in 2013.

I have since worked as a 6th/7th Grade Math Teacher & 6th grade Science Teacher in Richmond, VA. I am also currently employed in my second year in Raleigh, NC as a 6th Grade English Teacher!

A lot of my preparation that I received was during my student teaching in Mexico City. However, there was no TRUE way to be fully prepared. I just had to jump feet first into the world of teaching and give it my all!

In my first years of teaching, I have directed 2 high school plays, Assistant Coached high school softball, and have just started my second year as a Middle School Cheerleading Coach! We won 2nd place in our county wide competition last year!


Traveling, during my years at SRU, had the most influence on me and my life decisions. Traveling with different organizations at SRU opened my eyes to the many beautiful opportunities that there are to help and support people all over the world!


I am the type of person whom, in the past, was not always as prepared for the various tasks and experiences in my life. However, my experiences at SRU have showed me that, while being prepared is definitely important and can help tremendously in most situations, it should never stop you from taking risks and enjoying your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment