Sunday, April 2, 2023

Megan Wild


1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held? Please include the current school district and grade/s.


I have attended Slippery Rock University for Early Childhood and Special Education in 2016-2020. Since I have graduated, I have held three LTS positions. The first district I worked for was Chartiers Valley at their Primary School as a long term sub in first grade from October through the end of the school year. My second year of teaching, I moved over to their Intermediate school where I was an added on fourth grade teacher for the year due to enrollment rates being high in the district. This school year, I moved to another district for a new opportunity. I am working for Avonworth Primary Center and Elementary School as a GATE/ Gifted K-3 teacher as a long term substitute. 


2. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.

An important SRU experience I will never forget would be becoming a member of Kappa Delta Pi! This gave me numerous opportunities to get into school districts for their Read Across America outreach that we participated in as an educational sorority. It was a great experience getting into the schools to work with young age students. 

3. Name an SRU faculty that had a positive influence on you and explain why.


Dr. Toni Mild had a positive impact on my educational journey! She was my professor and advisor throughout college. If you ever needed anything, she was always there to help you in any way she could. 

4. What initially piqued your interest in pursuing a degree in education?


During high school, I decided that I wanted to become an elementary teacher. My high school had a program where preschoolers came in three days a week. I participated in this my Junior and Senior year. This really helped me to find my passion in teaching kids and helping grow their brains! 

5. What do you love most about teaching?

When it comes to teaching, the thing I have loved the most is making an impact on my students and building a great relationship with them. I constantly think back to the students I have taught over the past two years and miss the times we got to spend together. Teaching is more than the materials you teach; it is building those relationships so your students know they are loved when they enter your classroom. 

6. What makes a great teacher?


In my opinion, the thing that makes a great teacher is always putting your students FIRST. As long as you put the kiddos first, everything else will follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment