Sunday, April 23, 2023

Jaisa Wolfe

 


1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held? Please include the current school district and grade/s.


I graduated from Slippery Rock University in 2021 with a bachelors in Early Childhood Education and a minor in Special Education. I am currently a 1st Grade Teacher at Bayshore Elementary in Manatee County, Florida.

2. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.


I had the best student teaching experience from SRU. I learned so much from my cooperating teachers in my placement. I met friends who are now amazing teachers too.

3. Name an SRU faculty that had a positive influence on you and explain why.


My academic advisor/professor, Jeremy Lynch, was super helpful in my road to becoming an educator and always gave good advice when I needed it.

4. What initially piqued your interest in pursuing a degree in education?


I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. I loved working with children as a cheerleading coach and dance instructor in the past.

5. What do you love most about teaching?


The relationships I make with my students are irreplaceable. It’s so rewarding to see the impact I make on my students everyday. 


6. What makes a great teacher?


There is no cookie cutter to being a great teacher. For me, it’s whatever my students need from me that day. If it’s extra patience, a friend, an advocate, confidence, etc. It’s all about knowing your students! ☺️


No comments:

Post a Comment