Wednesday, April 6, 2016

James Thorne

I returned from Korea to begin my education at Slippery Rock in 1955.
I graduated Cum Laude with a B.S. Degree in Social Science and Biology. I taught in secondary education.
I returned to Slippery Rock for a Master's Degree in Economics. Later I obtained an equivilant Master's Degree in Guidance and Counseling....
I received a Ph.D. from the University of Pittsburgh in Secondary Education and Administration.
I served as Chairman of the Education Department for most of my 18 years at Grove City College and Registrar for some of the time.
In total I spent 37 and 1/2 years in education as as result of my experience at Slippery Rock.
There is an award that is presented each year to education students at Grove City College called The James D. Thorne Education Award. It was generated by the students at the College when I retired. The award is given to a student in education who has demonstrated excellence in academics and service in Christian activities.
Oh yes, I was on the tennis team and have a letter.
There is no way I can express the feeling I have for the educational provided at Slippery Rock what has been accomplished as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment