Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Gregory Belmondo








After graduating in December 2008, I immediately did daily substitute work then interviewed and was offered an LTS (Long Term Sub) High School Spanish position. After those six weeks of LTS, I interviewed for an anticipated Spanish full-time position at the same school where I did my LTS work. After the interview, I was offered the position and here we are seven years later and I am enjoying every day of work teaching High School Spanish.

The most rewarding part of my job is seeing the kids grow daily as Spanish language learners. When the light bulb “turns on” and the students connect to the language in any mode of communication it really makes me proud that they have taken it upon themselves to want to become a bigger and better part of society.

I have been a mentor for another Spanish teacher, I am the sponsor of the High School Spanish Club, I am the 9th grade Boys Basketball coach and I have gone on to earn a Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction.

My experience at Slippery Rock University prepared me tremendously for my career today. Being out in the field and networking with teachers, preparing for interviews, and relying and trusting what I learned from my professors in the College of Education all laid the foundation for me being the teacher that I am today and passing those values on to my students as well.

To the future graduates of Slippery Rock University: Trust what you have learned from the great professors at Slippery Rock University. You will be as prepared as you will ever need to be once you graduate from SRU. Strive for greatness in your classroom and put your future students first. There is no doubt in my mind that you will carry on the great reputation that SRU has with its educators in Pennsylvania and all over the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment