Thursday, March 3, 2016

Aubrey Held



What year did you graduate from SRU and what was your major?
May 2014, Health and Physical Education

What jobs have you landed?
A full-time teaching position at Pittsburgh Public School District


How did you prepare for the interview for the job you landed?
Used everything I had learned from being at SRU and the HPE department prepared us to make a portfolio and efolio which also helped me. I also researched the school/ area so I knew background information.


What have you done well at that job?
Maintaining class routines and procedures, developing a rapport and respect with my students/school, and bringing new and fun activities/ideas to the school!


What types of recognition, awards, honors or even activities have you been involved in? 
I was given the "unselfish" award at the end of the school year last year.. Meaning I did whatever I could for the students and thought of myself last. I was involved in PETE Club and FITT Club in college for a few semesters. I also maintained part time jobs throughout college and even today. As for other activities I enjoy playing with my dogs and exercising. 


What SRU experience or faculty influenced you and in what way?
The HPE Staff is amazing and was always there to help! Even after I landed the job I stayed in contact with my supervisor that I had during my student teaching. Make really good impressions during student teaching, those will be the contacts you turn to after graduation. I also recommend SRU to ALL my students because I had such a good and well rounded experience there. 


What else can you tell us about your success story that SRU students could learn from?
Connections really do help!!! Whoever you meet during field experience, student teaching, high school, friends, can help you when looking for a place in your field after graduation. Make very good and professional impressions, and do anything and everything to help. Be seen. Also, those last few times in college although it is coming to an end stay focused but don't forget to have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment