Sunday, November 15, 2015

Dani Reardon



What year did you graduate from SRU and what was your major?
2013, El. Ed

What jobs have you landed?
I completed my student teaching in the Sharon City School District which was where I was from so I knew I wanted to work there! I started out as a substitute teacher for 6 months, a long term title 1 aide substitute for 3 months then got hired full time as a title 1 aide for about a year and a half. Then I got hired as a 1st grade teacher this year!


How did you prepare for the interview for the job you landed?
I printed out several interview questions from different blogs and websites but I think working in the school district for a few years helped me to prove myself as well as give me insight into what that school district expects and how they do things.

What have you done well at that job?
I tried to be involved in as much as I could! Being in title 1 helped because I worked with K-6 and got to know all of the students and staff! Professional development through the school was also something that proved to be helpful! I was trained in Reading Horizons(intensive phonics) twice and I'm so thankful because it is in our first grade curriculum!

What SRU experience or faculty influenced you and in what way?
I did the on-site program at Sharon through SRU the semester before student teaching. The awesome professors were Dr. Walsh, Dr. Yensick and Dr. DuPont. It was the best, hands-on learning experience!

What else can you tell us about your success story that SRU students could learn from?
I stayed in the school district I wanted to be in. Getting a job is not easy but if you love teaching and don't mind putting the work in, get your foot in the door and stand out!

No comments:

Post a Comment