Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Erica Bristor


I graduated from Slippery Rock in Fall 2013 with a degree in Early Childhood Education Pre-K to 4th.
I subbed from January until May, and in June of 2014, I moved to Houston, Texas to become a Pre-Kindergarten teacher in Aldine ISD.
I am very confident with interviewing, so in preparation I just made brochures to pass out to different administrators at the elementary campuses I visited when I flew to Texas. I also am the daughter o...f a 35-year-veteran teacher and have competed in MAO for 9 consecutive years, which allowed me to develop and hone my speaking skills tremendously.
I completed my first year teaching in June 2015. I received wonderful feedback from my administrative team upon being evaluated throughout the school year.
I loved the spring break trip to Sweden with Dr. Zane my junior year. I gained invaluable experience there. Also, Dr. Werner served as a wonderful student teaching supervisor to me. We still keep in touch to this day, and I'm thankful for her friendship.
I would use every experience as a chance to network because you never know where you'll end up. At first, I didn't know it was God's plan for me to spend a year or so in the south, but I wouldn't take this experience back ever. I'm proud of my accomplishments and where I went to school. Slippery Rock will always be my heart in Pennsylvania.

No comments:

Post a Comment