Sunday, November 12, 2023

Sarah Henshaw


1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held? Please include the current school district and grade/s.

I graduated SRU with my bachelor's degree in early childhood education PreK-4 in 2018. Since then, I was hired as an Instructional Aide at Western Beaver in the PreK classroom. I was in PreK for 4 years and this year I was hired as the Elementary School Librarian also at Western Beaver. 

 

2. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.

One SRU experience that I will never forget is from Dr. Snyder's class. He dressed up as a dog and we arranged cards for him to follow to get from his "home" to the "bone". I will never forget that class in general because It gave me the tools I needed to add science into many of the lessons I have taught since graduation.  

 

3. Name an SRU faculty that had a positive influence on you and explain why.

Dr. Snyder. He was my student teaching advisor and gave me great advice on my lessons and was a great mentor throughout my student teaching experiences. 

 

4. What initially piqued your interest in pursuing a degree in education?

I have wanted to be an educator for as long as I can remember. I love children and have always taken an interest in school and how children learn and grow through education. 

 

5. What do you love most about teaching?

I love the light bulb moment a student has once they have grasped a concept we have been working on. Having a positive experience in a child's life is such a blessing. I love helping students reach their full potential and thrive in a welcoming and safe environment of the classroom. Seeing that moment is my why. 

 

6. What makes a great teacher?

A great teacher is one that cares more about the students as a whole. I have had many students where school is their safe place. A great teacher sees that and ensures that the students' needs are met, and they are getting more than just an education but also feel seen, heard, and loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment