Sunday, November 19, 2023

Emily Lebron


1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held? Please include the current school district and grade/s.

I am currently in my fourth year of teaching 9th and 10th grade English at my alma mater - Greater Johnstown High School. I work with the Key Club, Pep Club, and previously coached Jr. High Volleyball for two years. Prior to this, I was long-term subbing at New Castle Area School District.


2. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.

Meeting my group of teacher friends (Dr. Hicks nicknamed us The Fab 5) is something I’ll forever be thankful to SRU for. We still keep in contact to this day and regularly rely on each other for support and ideas.


3. Name an SRU faculty that had a positive influence on you and explain why.

There are so many incredible professors that impacted me, but I’ll forever be in debt to Dr. Permenter, Dr. Hicks, and T.O.! They’ve helped me and inspired me in more ways than one - and hopefully I can give back to my students the way they did for me.


4. What initially piqued your interest in pursuing a degree in education?

Honestly, I always loved school and my English teachers in high school were some very influential people in my life. So, I wanted to keep doing something that I already loved and enjoyed. 


5. What do you love most about teaching?

I love getting to build relationships with the kids. It’s the best part of the job - and getting to see them graduate and go on to be young adults makes my heart so happy. 


6. What makes a great teacher?

I think a great teacher is someone who is kind and remembers that the kids are young adults that are still learning and growing. It’s also equally important to be a constant advocate for the betterment of the kids. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment