Sunday, October 29, 2023

Jessica Rene Johnson (Duncan)


1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held? Please include the current school district and grade/s.

Educational background:


undergrad health and physical education

Masters APA 

Both achieved at SRU

PHYS ED/ HEALTH TEACHER

K-5     R BRUCE WAGNER ELEMENTARY 2014-2015

6,7,8   WEBB MIDDLE SCHOOL 2015-2016

4,5,6,7 HERMITAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT (CURRENT)

2. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why. 


MY HPE COHORT …. this was back when we were graduating 100-300 so our class size was much larger than current numbers.

The people I had the privilege of getting to know and spend time with and grow with, those who were randomly assigned to or a makeshift group or the friends I made along the way to senior year, those people are where some of my most cherished memories are.

 

Dr. Joanne Leight

She saved my life.

You’ll never be turned away, she’ll always be there for you, and she is one of the most kindhearted blessings I’ve gotten to experience in my life.


4. What initially piqued your interest in pursuing a degree in education?


Lol JEFF SMITH

I’m not sure he even knows this, but I was originally going to SRU for Physical Therapy

My mom and I were touring the campus and we got stopped and shown the field house and the way he described the HPE (health / PHYS ed) program made me want to switch right there and so I did. 


5.  5. What do you love most about teaching?


My students, the amount of love I never knew I had for my kiddos and to be a small ray of sunshine in their day warms my heart.  Their faces light up when they see me outside of class or even the school, you couldn’t ask for anything better than that.

6. What makes a great teacher?


Empathy 

Kiddos have a lot going on in their lives and if you can take a moment to try and see what they’re going through. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment