Sunday, February 5, 2023

Ellisyn Mularski


1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held? Please include the current school district and grade/s.

I majored in School Wellness Education with a minor in Adaptive Sports and Aquatics from 2015 to 2020. I was the Student Body President for our Health and Physical Education Department for two years during my undergrad. I am currently a Health and Physical Education Teacher at Commodore Perry School District; Levels K-12.


2. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.

I will never forget the quality of the professors at SRU. They are truly genuine and passionate about leading educators' future to success!


3. Name an SRU faculty that had a positive influence on you and explain why.


I could name all the professors in the Health and Physical Education Department, but only choosing one, I would have to say Dr. Joanne Leight. She has been my mentor during undergrad, guiding me through each step of the way. She even helped me after graduating by leading me down the right path toward gaining my Master's. She has always taken the time to guide me in the right direction and has been one of my biggest supporters throughout my educational career.

 

4. What initially piqued your interest in pursuing a degree in education?


School teachers are provided daily opportunities to impact a child's life. I chose education for that reason, hoping to guide students positively to lead them to a meaningful and healthy lifestyle.


5. What do you love most about teaching?


I love the connections I get to make with my students.

 

6. What makes a great teacher?


A great teacher looks past the barriers and leads students to their successful individual journeys. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment