Sunday, October 16, 2022

Kevin Linza


1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held? Please include the current school district and grade/s.

I recently took a position teaching Heath and Physical Education at Seneca High School in Erie County. Prior to this, I taught in Virginia for 11 years.  I am dual certified and taught Social Studies for 7 years and have been teaching PE for the last 5 years. I also coached basketball, football and tennis during my teaching career. 


2. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.

I would have to say the overall SRU experience is what makes this university so special. The professors, my peers who I took classes with, extracurriculars, and things like the “happy bus” are all things that I will never forget.


3. Name an SRU faculty that had a positive influence on you and explain why.

There were two professors that I feel really helped me along the way and formed a relationship with. Dr. David Dixon, who passed in 2008, was an amazing history professor. We would always have a morning chat before heading into class. Also, Dr. John Hicks was always there to help when it came to the College of Education. 

4. What initially piqued your interest in pursuing a degree in education?

The teachers and coaches that had a positive impact on my life during high school made me want to do the same thing for others. I started as a Sport Management major and made the switch to education after the first semester because I knew I wanted to have an impact on others. 

5. What do you love most about teaching?

I love building relationships with my students and serving as a positive role model. 

6. What makes a great teacher?

Someone who cares about the success of the students, knows how to motivate others, and is a positive member of the school community. 


No comments:

Post a Comment