Monday, November 18, 2019

Leah Hoffman


1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held?
My education background is a B.S.Ed. from Slippery Rock University. I hold a Pennsylvania teaching certification in Early Childhood Education PreK-4 and Special Education K-8. After graduation in 2017, I taught preschool for two years at Bright Horizons. Currently, I have a new position as a Special Education Teacher at The Hope Learning Center.  I have been with Hope since August, and I have already learned so much!

2. What do you love most about teaching?
What I love most about teaching is seeing a student improve and understand! Nothing compares to seeing a child's face light up when they understand a new concept or get all the answers right on a task. 

3. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.
One SRU experience I will never forget is traveling with the Marching Pride to University of Michigan to represent SRU! It was an amazing experience being on the field, playing my mellophone under all those bright lights and huge crowd.

4. What attracted you to Slippery Rock University, and in particular, the education department?
My mother is an SRU Alum; that is what originally brought me to Slippery Rock. I transferred in as a sophomore Biology major, but I always had a love for teaching. The following Spring semester I changed my major to Education because I had, and still currently have, a huge passion for educating children.

5. What makes a great teacher?
A great teacher is one that is constantly reflecting on their own style and approaches, is fun and energetic, is passionate about learning, and overall just loves to help children succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment