Monday, June 6, 2022

Ali Doyle



1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held? Please include current school district and grade/s.

I graduated from SRU in 2014 with a degree in Middle Level Math Education. I then went on to get my Masters from UVA in Curriculum and Instruction. I’ve taught math in 6,7, and 8th grades over the course of my career. I am currently an Instructional Coach and 8th grade math teacher in Denver, CO. 

2. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.

One of the best parts about my time at SRU was working at the ARC. We always had so much fun and some of my co-workers became my life long best friends. 

3. Name an SRU faculty that had a positive influence on you and explain why.

Dr. Jason Hilton was so relatable and able to pull his own teaching experience into the classroom in order to help us see what teaching was going to be like. My cohort only had about 8 students in it at the time so we were able to have great discussions in his class and ask questions that he gave in depth answers to. 

4. What initially piqued your interest in pursuing a degree in education?

I think it was having amazing teachers in first and fifth grade. They made school fun and enjoyable and that’s always my goal for my students.


5. What do you love most about teaching?

I love that every day is different and interesting. Teaching middle school, there is never a dull moment. I love this age group because of their humor, quirkiness, and curiosity. I love coming up with awesome lessons that put smiles on their faces and most of all I love when they walk out of my class at the end of the year saying that they now like math. 


6. What makes a great teacher?

Being able to build relationships with your students and bringing joy into the classroom is what makes a great teacher. The teachers I remember most made school enjoyable, I don’t remember what I learned in middle school math but I do remember the teachers that cared and made me want to go to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment