Monday, December 21, 2020

Megan Wild

1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held? 

I studied Early Childhood and Special Education at SRU as a dual major. As a recent grad in May, I have been fortunate enough for the opportunity to be a long term sub at Chartiers Valley Primary School. I am currently a first-grade teacher until the end of the school year.


2. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.

One experience I will never forget from my time at SRU is the impact I made in my learning support student teaching placement. I got to teach 4th-6th grade learning support in reading. It was amazing to teach those kids!


3. Name an SRU faculty that had a positive influence on you and explain why.

An SRU faculty member that had a positive influence on me was Dr. Mild. She was my student teaching advisor who always pushed me to do my best.


4. What initially peaked your interest in pursuing a degree in education?

The main thing that peaked my interest in becoming an educator was my high school’s preschool program. This was my first interaction with teaching children. Teaching the preschoolers helped open my eyes to where my heart truly belonged.


5. What is the most rewarding aspect of your job?

The most rewarding aspect of my job is building relationships with my students by letting them know I will always be there for them. I want all students to feel welcomed into our classroom.


6. What makes a great teacher?

The thing I think makes a great teacher is someone who wants their students to always try their hardest and support them in their education.

No comments:

Post a Comment