Monday, September 23, 2019

Taylor Reinsel



1. What school district and grade/s do you currently teach?
I teach in Lexington 2 school district in South Carolina. I teach ninth grade World Geography and eleventh grade US History.

2. What do you love most about teaching?
What I love most about teaching are my students I get to spend each day with! Each day is a new opportunity with all of them. 

3. What attracted you to Slippery Rock University, and in particular, the education department?
I am from Erie, PA and Slippery Rock was the perfect distance from home for me! I loved the school and knew they had a good education program. I loved the education program so much that I am even doing my masters degree through SRU’s special education program! 

4.  Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.
It’s hard to pick just one experience through my four years there, but one thing I’ll never forget is an education trip to Costa Rica! Dr. Lynch took us to Costa Rica and the places we got to visit, the new friends I made, and the knowledge of their culture was one of my favorite things I got to do while I was there! 

5. What makes a great teacher?
A great teacher is someone who cares, listens, learns, and keeps growing. A great teacher is someone who not only helps their students learn, but also learns from all of their students. A great teacher is someone who can take on the responsibility of caring for someone else’s child each and every day. Slippery Rock, the professors, the atmosphere, and all of the other future educators you get to spend so much time with, helped me develop into the teacher I am today, and I will always be grateful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment