Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Lauren Hedderman


What year did you graduate from SRU and what was your major?
2013- Health and Physical Education

What jobs have you landed?
Health and Physical Education Teacher in Pittsburgh, PA

How did you prepare for the interview for the job you landed?
Besides the basic interview checklist, I made sure to use my experiences to my advantage. The program was very interactive and hands on, that’s what we’re all about.


What have you done well at that job?
I can truly say I stand out amongst my peers as far as pedagogy and the program goes. I owe that to Slippery Rock University.


What types of recognition, awards, honors or even activities have you been involved in?
I played women’s rugby at SRU, which were some of the best moments I’ve ever experienced. I was a presenter at the PSAPERD State Convention. I also was a member of the PETE Club and listed on the Dean’s List.


What SRU experience or faculty influenced you and in what way?
Dr. Hannah Brewer is an outstanding educator and is dedicated to not only the field, but her students. She taught me knowledge and confidence goes hand in hand. Also, Dr. Randy Nichols told me to never give up on anything, which really stuck with me. It’s one of the most simple, yet best life lessons I have ever learned.


What else can you tell us about your success story that SRU students could learn from?
You don’t realize the level of attention and thought of each course within the Health and Physical Education curriculum until you working right in the field. I come into work each morning excited and confident I am making a difference when it comes to my students. I wouldn’t trade my decision in choosing SRU to further my education for one second. It was an experience I’ll never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment