Monday, November 9, 2020

Emily Tressler

1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held?

I am a first-year Kindergarten teacher at Sandy Hill Elementary in Dorchester County, MD. My educational background is in early childhood education pre-k-4 and special education k-8.


2. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.

One of my favorite SRU experiences would be my student teaching experience in New Castle PA as a Kindergarten teacher. This opportunity showed me that my heart lied in Kindergarten and it encouraged me to seek a position after school in Kindergarten as well.


3. Name an SRU faculty that had a positive influence on you and explain why.

There are so many positive faculty members at SRU, however Dr. Merhaut was such a great influence and was able to prepare me to the fullest when looking at special education terms and scenarios.


4. What initially peaked your interest in pursuing a degree in education?

From the time I was 5 years old, I have always dreamt of being a teacher. It was a passion that grew and continued throughout my years and I am so grateful to have stuck with it all these years.


5. What do you love most about teaching?

Wow, this is a difficult question. I love many things about being a teacher but most importantly I love seeing the positive impacts I make on my children and the impacts my children make on me. I have learned many things from my kiddos and my goal is to help them learn and grow as individuals throughout the year.


6. What makes a great teacher?

I believe being a great teacher starts with your passion and mindset for teaching. Being driven to succeed and having the motivation to impact your students will most definitely go a long way!


No comments:

Post a Comment