Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Karissa Lambert



1. What school district and grade/s do you currently teach?
I teach 7th Grade Learning Support at Seneca Valley School District. 

2. What do you love most about teaching?
I love watching students realize that they are capable of so much more than they expected. It is amazing to watch students gain confidence in themselves throughout the year. 

3. What advice would you give to current students who are enrolled in the teacher preparation program at SRU?
Take advantage of all of the amazing opportunities your professors offer for professional development. Join clubs, volunteer, and get involved. This will get you far in the field and help you become a better educator. 

4. What initially peaked your interest in pursuing a degree in education?
I have always enjoyed working with kids. I coached, babysat, and worked as a camp counselor. I realized that working with kids doesn’t feel like work to me. That’s when I knew I was meant to be a teacher. 

5. What makes a great teacher? 
A great teacher is patient, reliable, and hard working. Great teachers are willing to go above and beyond to help their students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment