Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Brittany Fabbio

1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held? Please include the current school district and grade/s.

After graduating in 2019 from SRU, I moved to Polk County in Florida and have been teaching Kindergarten for 5 years at Alta Vista Elementary. 

2. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.

I absolutely loved my field experience and student teaching at Center Township Elementary. The staff there was fantastic and very supportive. I grew so much as an educator when I was there. 

3. Name an SRU faculty that had a positive influence on you and explain why.

I would have to say Dr. Amodei. She is truly amazing and very supportive. I worked a lot with her with SPSEA. 

4. What initially piqued your interest in pursuing a degree in education?

Growing up, I always knew that I wanted to be a teacher. I loved going to school and learning from my teachers. 


5. What do you love most about teaching?

I love to see all of my students succeed, especially the ones that need more time. When these students start to understand a concept, it is very rewarding. 

6. What makes a great teacher?

A great teacher is someone who is caring and loving towards children. The teacher is very helpful towards their students and always wanting them to succeed. A great teacher goes above and beyond for their students no matter what. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment