Monday, January 27, 2020

Casey Chuderewicz



1. What school district and grade/s do you currently teach?
I am currently teaching in the Dillingham City School District as a 2nd grade teacher in Dillingham, Alaska.

2. What do you love most about teaching?
I love being able to see the growth in my students each and every day.  I overall love being there for my students and doing whatever I need to do in order for them to succeed.  I love my students and would do anything to help them succeed.

3. What attracted you to Slippery Rock University, and in particular, the education department?
I knew Slippery Rock had an outstanding education department and thats what led me towards SRU.  I transferred from a community college and they transferred all of my credits so I did not have to make up any classes when I arrived which made the transition a lot smoother!

4. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.
I have had many experiences in field through SRU that its going to be hard to narrow it down!  I think the most memorable one was the end of my student teaching last fall.  I had the opportunity to student teach in Ireland for 3 and a half weeks.  This not only opened my eyes to a different country, but opened my eyes to how students learn in different countries.  I do not know many universities that offer student teaching in another country, but I am glad I took that opportunity!

5.  What makes a great teacher?
What makes a great teacher is always being there for your students.  Always listening to what they have to say.  A great teacher doesn't cut things short for their students, they go the extra mile.  Every teacher is capable of being a great teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment