Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Monte Chapman


1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held?

- Bachelors of Science in Physics 
- Masters of Education (specializing in Physics)
- Coaching experience (Track and Field) at the youth and collegiate level
- Currently in Year 3 at West Boca Raton High School - Physics Teacher



2. What is the most rewarding aspect of your job?

Being able relate to a student and actually see that you have made a positive impact on their life/future.



3. What advice would you give to current students who are enrolled in the teacher preparation program, and to SRU students generally?

Student Teaching will be the most important part of your growth into a teacher. You will learn more about your content area and more about yourself than you ever have. 



4. Name an SRU experience or faculty that had a positive influence on you and explain why.

My college physics professor Dr. Mukherjee, had a great impact on my experience at SRU. Although my schedule was often hectic because of Track, she made herself available to help me when I needed and helped me when content seemed to get very challenging. Her and many other professors in the department never allowed me to give up, but instead encouraged me to press forward so I could be successful. 



5. What makes a great teacher?

I believe a great teacher has to be able to relate to the students they are teaching. They must be aware that each student learns differently and they must figure out how to make content "hit home" for students.

1 comment: