Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Rebecca Herron



What year did you graduate from SRU and what was your major?
I graduated in 2013 with a dual major in Elementary and Special Education.

What jobs have you landed?
I taught for two years in Alexandria Virginia for Fairfax County Public Schools. I currently teach in Southwestern City School District.

How did you prepare for the interview for the job you landed?

My first job I went to the spring SRU job fair and landed a job on the spot during the screening interview. For my second job I sent applications to the school district and remained persistent.


What have you done well at that job?
I have gained a lot of confidence in classroom management. When I taught kindergarten I learned to teach beginning reading and math skills and see how they progress into upper grades because I now teach 4th grade.


What types of recognition, awards, honors or even activities have you been involved in?

For two years I helped run Relay for Life in the City of Alexandria. I also have taken advantage of every professional development opportunity.


What SRU experience or faculty influenced you and in what way?
I feel like all of my professors had helped in molding me into the educator I am today. They pushed me to work hard and try my best. I also think their respect of students helped to translate into my our respect of students.


What else can you tell us about your success story that SRU students could learn from?

I feel like you have to continue to develop and work hard. Teaching is amazingly rewarding but also hard work. If you love working with students you will succeed in anything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment