Monday, November 27, 2023

Samuel Bartley



1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held? Please include the current school district and grade/s.


I graduated in May of 1983, with a BA in communication and a teaching certificate. Retiring from the Pine-Richland School District, I worked with 4th, 5th, and 6th graders.



2. N
ame one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.


I had a leading role in Miller Auditorium in the musical, Cabaret.  Being only a freshman, it was overwhelming! 


3. Name an SRU faculty that had a positive influence on you and explain why.


During my 4 years at SRU, I had the opportunity to study private voice full-time with Dr. Chester T. O'Bannon.  Although I was not a music major, he provided a rich genre of music for me to learn and perform.  While studying with Dr. O'Bannon, he introduced me to American Primadonna mezzo soprano, Mildred Miller and reacquainted me to Verdi mezzo soprano, Marianne Cornetti! I still stay in touch with "Doc", Millie Miller, and Marianne Cornetti.  By the way Mildred Miller will turn 99 in December.  The experience was awesome!


4. What initially piqued your interest in pursuing a degree in education?


I pursued a degree in education because I enjoyed my experience as a student and wanted to enjoy a career working with young people in a school setting.  


5. What do you love most about teaching? 


Although retired, I enjoyed presenting a wide variety of educational materials and topics.  I worked with students on almost every grade level including kindergarten!


6. What makes a great teacher?


A great teacher is a positive role model who exudes much patience, energy, creativity, and engaging lessons and experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment