Sunday, April 16, 2023

Noah Lapikas


1.What is your educational background and what positions have you held? Please include the current school district and grade/s.


I attended Slippery Rock University in pursuit of a B.S.Ed. with a concentration in School Wellness. Upon graduation, I landed full-time employment with Lincoln Learning Solutions along with PACyber Charter School. I currently teach 6-12 physical education, 9-12 health, as well as develop H/PE curriculum for varying states in accordance with their individual standards. During this time, I developed a sincere gravitation towards online education, leading me into the pursuit and completion of the M.S.Ed. program Technology for Online Instruction through SRU. 


2. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.


I’m fortunate to say I have a plethora of memories from SRU that will last a lifetime. I believe the experience that reigns supreme above all else would be the student teaching experience I was granted at Mohawk Elementary School. This opportunity allowed me to not only develop professionally, but create and establish relationships with colleagues I will cherish for the remainder of my career. 


3. Name an SRU faculty that had a positive influence on you and explain why.


While I can confidently state that each individual professor within the field of education at SRU has left a positive influence upon me in some capacity, I would nominate Dr. Randy Nichols as the most influential. Dr. Nichols consistently went above and beyond with his efforts while demonstrating a contagious passion for the success of his learners. 


4. What initially piqued your interest in pursuing a degree in education?


Like many, I developed an interest in teaching through having influential teachers across middle and high school studies. Having always had a passion for health, I pursued the field of School Wellness to share this passion and equip the student population with knowledge designed to maximize their quality of life. 



5. What do you love most about teaching?


I love many things about teaching! I love teaching a subject in which the information can directly improve an individual’s quality of life. I love partaking in a transformative era of education, pioneering pedagogy and implementing strategies for increasing student autonomy. Most importantly, I love the opportunity to inspire and transform the life of a student on a daily basis. 


6. What makes a great teacher?


A great teacher would be an individual who demonstrates a passion for their subject, exemplifies a growth mindset, and provides compassion, flexibility, and patience. Most importantly, I believe a great teacher is someone who can connect with, spark curiosity, and inspire each learner during their time in the classroom.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment