Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Haley Woodward

1. What is your educational background and what positions have you held?

I graduated from Slippery Rock University in May 2020 with a dual major in Early Childhood and Special Education. I extended my Special Education certificate to be certified PreK-12. I currently am a Special Education Teacher at Jeff Tech in Reynoldsville, Pa. I Co-Teach at Jeff Tech for grades 9-12.


2. Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.

I had a lot of amazing opportunities at Slippery Rock that helped shape my career. One thing that really stands out is the field experiences I got to do throughout my four years at Slippery Rock. These field experiences got me the hands-on experience that helped me as an educator.


3. Name an SRU faculty that had a positive influence on you and explain why.

Dr. Lynch had a positive impact on me at Slippery Rock University. He taught me many things about positive behavior and classroom management. He also gave me a great experience with the Reynolds Area School District for Positive Behavior. I made bulletin boards throughout the school with positive quotes to hopefully make a positive impact on the students and staff.


4. What initially peaked your interest in pursuing a degree in education?

I have always wanted to be a teacher. I enjoy school, and love to make a difference in peoples’ lives.


5. What is the most rewarding aspect of your job?

The most rewarding aspect of teaching is the long term impact you can have on your students. You truly don’t know what your students are going through and to know a simple good morning can make their day is sooo rewarding to me.


6. What makes a great teacher?

A great teacher is one that accommodates all of her students. They also make a difference in the students' lives and make learning fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment