Monday, June 29, 2020

Sara Gould



1. What school do you currently work for and what is your position?  What is your role?

I work at the University of Florida's nationally ranked Career Connections Center as a certified Career Coach. I work with college students every day, helping them through each stage of their career development journey via individual or group appointments and workshops/presentations. I also own a private career consulting business called Career Productions, LLC where I mostly work with executive level leaders.


2. What do you love most about working in student affairs?
While working in student affairs is not what most people think of as traditional teaching, we absolutely are educators. I love empowering college students to advocate for themselves whether it is through salary negotiation or speaking to their transferable skills. Helping instill confidence and watching growth occur in my students has to be my favorite part.

3. What advice would you give to current students who are enrolled in the SAHE program at SRU?
While you are probably exhausted from working full-time at your graduate practicum, internship, and also taking classes full-time in the evening while trying to write papers/finish assignments and eat dinner and get sleep and have somewhat of a social life... these are transformative years. I look back on my years in that program and am so grateful for everything I was taught, professionally and personally. It was invaluable and I am forever grateful for the lessons learned, mentors developed, and friendships made. Everything was worth it.

4.  Name one SRU experience, in general or specific to the field, that you will never forget and explain why.
Can I cop out and say all of it? I was one of the lucky ones who went to SRU for undergrad & grad school (took some time off in between) and those were some of the best years of my life. The Rock was the best place to be.

5. What makes a great teacher?
Someone who at the end of the day, doesn't forget their "why."

No comments:

Post a Comment